What are the health benefits of lemon? A lot of health benefits can be derived by just drinking a cup of warm lemon water early in the morning before eating. It is a good lifestyle to start one’s day with lemon water.
Lemons are citrus fruits rich in Vitamin C. The several health benefits of lemon are due to the astonishing elements found in them. The nutritional values of lemon include Vitamin C, very rich in this vitamin. It also contains adequate amount of Vitamin A,Vitamin B6, folat, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, calcium, copper, zinc, iron, etc. Lemon has abundance of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties.
In addition, lemon water is believed to be a good beverage for the morning than any other beverages. It is very easy to prepare and free of side effects. Yes, lemon water has no side effects whatsoever. This is how amazing it can be.
Lemons can also be used in making lemon juice. There are also health benefits of lemon juice. Lemon juice are low in calories. They promote faster weight loss and also rich in all the essential nutrients like the lemon fruit. In addition, lemon have therapeutic properties which are good for the immune system. However, the top health benefits of lemon are highlighted below:
Can cure Fever
Lemon is effective in treating cold, flu or fever. It increases perspiration thus, relieving fever symptoms.
Lemon has both coagulant and antiseptic properties which makes it ideal for treating internal bleeding such as nosebleed.
Good for weight loss
Few people are only aware of the great effect lemon has on weight loss. Mixing lemon juice with warm water and taken on an empty stomach will help eliminate excess fat in the body thus, leading to weight loss.
Aids in treating dental ailments
Lemons are good for treating any forms of dental ailments, especially toothache and this is why most dentist often advises patients to wash their mouth with lemon water. Lemon juice will easily get rid of pain affecting the tooth and gum.
Livers are fond of lemons. They love it. Lemon helps in stimulating the liver and fight liver inflammation. It is also a good liver detoxifier.
Pacify Respiratory Disorders
When a person suffering from asthma or other related to respiratory disorders takes lemon regularly, it will cause a relief from such disorders, both long term and short term disorders.
Good for treating Rheumatism
Lemon can be used in treating rheumatism as it is diuretic. It can also b used in treating arthritis.
Fights Free Radicals
Lemons helps in getting rid of free radicals from the body. Free radicals are some of the risk factors of most health related conditions and when they are flushed out of the body, there is a soothing relief on the overall health. Taking lemon can help in eliminating this free radicals thus, promoting a healthy living.
Lowers High Blood Pressure
Due to the potassium in lemon, it is good in controlling high blood pressure. It can as well cause a reduction and soothing effect on mental stress, anxiety, and depression.
Other Health Benefits:
- It protects the body against impurities and eliminate toxins from the body
- It protect the immune system against attacks and DNA damages thus, preventing the body from contracting infections and viral diseases
- It regulate and balances the body’s pH levels
- It protects the skin against the effects of the UV rays. It promotes good looking skin
- Taking lemon water or lemon juice will enhance a wrinkle-free skin. Lemon water hasten the production of collagen. Collagen is vital for the skin health, this is widely known
- It fights aging effect and slows down aging process
- It promotes good vision
- It relieves heartburn
- It can aid in the treatment of cholera as it is a blood purifier
- It kills intestinal worms
- It helps in strengthening the blood vessels
- Drinking lemon juice or lemon water can cure urination issues and cleans the urinary tract
- Lemon water is good for brain. It promote sound cognitive function and ability
- It has about 25-anti-cancer properties. It can prevent against cancer
In conclusion, lemon is very acidic. It must b used with caution. Too much of acid is harmful for the health. It is advisable to always dilute lemon with water before consuming it. Lemon water are very good for skin. It reveals a younger looking skin. If you want to improve your skin texture, lemon will do the magic. Start downing lemon water as from today and reap all the potential benefits it has to offer.