Coconuts are a superfood that provides ample health benefits. It is a powerhouse of nutrients, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. From tantalizing dishes to great beauty potions, we are reaping its benefits. What are the great properties of coconut that we are getting benefited? Let’s explore more about this miracle food and what it is offering to us.
Classified as a fruit but called as a nut, the coconut is literally a one-seed drupe. In Sanskrit, the coconut tree is defined as kalpa vriksha – ‘a tree which fulfills all the necessary needs for living’ because one can use it’s all parts – water, milk, sugar, and oil. Yet, we can also use its husks and leaves in furniture and any decoration. Did you know that a palm tree can produce coconuts up to 13 years a year and in a single harvest a tree can give 60 to 180 coconuts?
Well, let’s check out the health benefits of Coconut Oil, Milk and Water –
Benefits of Coconut Oil:
There are great Coconut Oil uses in everyday life, which is not only limited to skin and hair but also improves our digestive system and protects from infections. One can also reap more benefits from organic Coconut Oil. The coconut research center has come up with a list of Coconut Oil health benefits –
- Skin Care: Coconut Oil for skin acts as a superb massage oil, which acts as a perfect moisturizer for all types of skins.
- Hair Care: One can use Coconut Oil for hair growth and to repair the damage. It also reduces the risk of protein loss, which will lead to unhealthy hair.
- Heart Disease: Most of the people believe that Coconut Oil is not good for heart health, as it has a large quantity of saturated fats. But, Coconut Oil benefits our heart. 50% lauric acid in Coconut Oil helps us in preventing various heart-related problems such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. And, studies say that, Coconut Oil aids in preserving high lipid profiles in pre-menopausal women.
- Digestion: Antimicrobial properties in Coconut Oil will help in dealing with digestion related problems and bowel problems.
- Kidney: Coconut Oil protects us from kidney and gallbladder disease.
Benefits of Coconut Water:
Coconut Water is incorporated into proteins, fat, carbohydrates, sugar and dietary fiber. It provides various health benefits such as re-hydration, cures digestive system disorders, controls hypertension, and protects our heart. Let’s have a look at some of Coconut Water benefits –
- A rehydration drink: Coconut Water is filled with vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a human body. Some of its minerals are potassium and sodium, which acts as electrolytes and boost our water levels in our body. Having Coconut Water after spending a day in the sun can bring back our absorbed vitamins and minerals in no time.
- Digestive System: Coconut Water is a great remedy to treat gastroenteritis, vomiting, mild diarrhea and flatulence. Studies say that drinking water from a young coconut is the best way to treat early stages of mild diarrhea.
- Cholesterol: Drinking Coconut Water regularly can lower LDL or bad cholesterol levels and increase HDL or good cholesterol levels.
- Liver: Research shows that Hepato-protective properties in Coconut Water is good for the Liver. And, its antioxidants can also reduce the activity of toxins produced by the Liver.
- Heart: Consuming Coconut Water will lower the cholesterol levels in heart and aorta, resulting in a healthy heart. The Coconut Water nutrition also helps us from myocardial damages too.
Benefits of Coconut Milk:
Coconut Milk is loaded with vitamins and minerals. It provides vital minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. Coconut Milk nutrition values The unique fatty acids in Coconut Milk benefits our skin, aid to weight loss improves the immune system, reduce heart diseases and enhances our skin health. Some of Coconut Milk nutrition facts –
- Weight Loss: Having Coconut Milk regularly will increase our metabolism, which results in increasing the chances of weight loss on a reduced calorie diet.
- Immune System: Coconut Milk contains antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, which fights against our bad bacteria and viruses, that cause herpes, influenza and even HIV.
- Heart: The saturated fatty acids in Coconut Milk is helpful for our heart health. The lauric acid in Coconut Milk lowers the risk of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases.
- Skin: Coconut Milk can clean the dirt and excess sebum in skin pores. It aids in removing dead cells from skin and keeps hydrated.
Hair: The vitamin E and fats in Coconut Milk will act as an effective moisturizer for hair. And, the treatment of Coconut Milk for hair growth will control your excessive hair loss.